VSAC will be closed Wednesday, November 25 at 10 a.m. through Friday, November 27, 2020 in observance of Thanksgiving.
Explore your future with Vermont Career Connect!
Have you ever wondered about a job or career and what it would be like to do that work?
Plan on attending the Vermont Career Connect virtual event, Oct. 28, from 10 a.m. to noon, to take the first step in discovering your future. The Zoom event features Kathi Terami, from Careers CLiC, presenting “Career Search: Finding the Right Fit.” Immediately following, participants are invited to attend one of 15 breakout Q&A panels based on their career interests. Find more information and register here. See the individual career panels and panelists here.The event is presented by the Vermont GEAR UP program at VSAC and its partners J. Warren & Lois McClure Foundation, Northern Vermont AHEC, Northern Vermont University, Rutland Region Workforce Investment Board and Careers CLiC.
Traditionally known as Kingdom Career Connect, in the past this has been a full-day event where students in the NEK came together at Northern Vermont University–Lyndon for hands-on workshops led by local presenters. Due to COVID-19, we’ve moved the 2020 event online and have changed the name to reflect that this new format, which allows us to feature a broader group of presenters and make this program available to students across the state.
Vermont Career Connect is a new virtual career exploration program hosted by Vermont Student Assistance Corp, which includes:
- A career interest survey for students and more information on the 16 career clusters. A great career allows you to get paid for work that matches your interests and abilities. Download this worksheet to help you identify the career clusters that might be the best fit for you.
- Read more about all sixteen career clusters, ranging from agriculture, food and natural resources to finance, health science, law, public safety, manufacturing—and more.
- Links to nearly 100 videos where students can hear directly from people in a wide variety of careers about their work.
- Additional resources for exploring careers and training requirements, including:
- McClure Foundation Pathways to Promising Careers for Vermonters
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics student resources
- Jump$tart’s Reality Check—find out how much you need to make to support your ideal lifestyle.
- Explore the Shires—learn about career opportunities in southwestern Vermont.
- Southern Vermont Virtual Career Expo—learn about career opportunities in Windham County.
- A planning guide to help students reflect on the videos they’ve watched and identify next steps in their career planning journey, which can be a resource for their personalized learning plans.
For more information, contact Anna Telensky at Telensky@vsac.org.
Need help with pursuing your career goals and education needs? VSAC is here to help you. Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During this ever-changing time, we remain available and committed to help you navigate all your career and education needs. No question or worry is too small or too big to reach out to us and ask for help.
For information on college and career planning and help with financial aid, go to www.vsac.org/FAFSAfirst and check out our online workshops and events. For an update of how we can help during the COVID-19 crisis, click here. You can also give us a call at 800-642-3177, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay in touch. We’re here for you.