VSAC will be closed Wednesday, November 25 at 10 a.m. through Friday, November 27, 2020 in observance of Thanksgiving.
Appealing Your Financial Aid
Has your financial situation changed, especially due to COVID-19?
Vermont residents may be able to receive additional grant money for education or training.
Take our 1-minute survey to see if you may qualify. Then follow these steps:
Step 1: Appeal your Vermont grant through VSAC
Log into MyVSAC if:
- you have high medical expenses or
- your income has decreased.
Complete an estimated income worksheet on your Grants To Do list. If you don’t see this worksheet, e-mail VSAC's Grants Program or call 800-882-4166 or 802-654-3750.
Call or e-mail VSAC’s Grant Program to appeal your state grant award if:
- you have additional or unexpected expenses due to COVID-19,
- your family size has increased, or
- your assets have decreased.
Step 2: Reach out to your school to appeal other financial aid
- Call or email your school's financial aid office.
- Need help with an appeal letter? See one of the template letters at https://formswift.com/swift-student.
Step 3: Still have questions?