Learn more about the limited time waiver for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Appealing Your Financial Aid
Has your financial situation changed, especially due to COVID-19?
Vermont residents may be able to receive additional grant money for education or training.
Take our 1-minute survey to see if you may qualify. Then follow these steps:
Step 1: Appeal your Vermont grant through VSAC
Log into MyVSAC if:
- you have high medical expenses or
- your income has decreased.
Complete an estimated income worksheet on your Grants To Do list. If you don’t see this worksheet, e-mail VSAC's Grants Program or call 800-882-4166 or 802-654-3750.
Call or e-mail VSAC’s Grant Program to appeal your state grant award if:
- you have additional or unexpected expenses due to COVID-19,
- your family size has increased, or
- your assets have decreased.
Step 2: Reach out to your school to appeal other financial aid
- Call or email your school's financial aid office.
- Need help with an appeal letter? See one of the template letters at https://formswift.com/swift-student.
Step 3: Still have questions?