Financial Aid Professionals
As Vermont’s nonprofit higher education agency, VSAC provides fixed-rate Vermont Advantage student and parent loans to finance education for students coming to Vermont for college—and for Vermont residents attending colleges in the U.S. and abroad.
VSAC's loans for the 2020-2021 academic year offer fixed-interest rates as low as 3.99% APR.
- See our fixed, low-interest rates and loan information:
- Compare VSAC Loans:
- Download applications and disclosures:
- Download school certification forms:
*Credit Agreements are legally binding loan agreements.
Vermont residents can apply for grant money through VSAC’s grant programs. The programs offer 3 grant options for full-time, part-time, and non-degree students.
- Learn more about Vermont state grants >
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about grant processing >
- Access the online grant application >
- Download the grant refund policy (PDF)
NEW! Vermont schools can now nominate students for a Vermont Micro Grant — to help those at risk of discontinuing their education due to small, unexpected expenses incurred during the school year. The eligibility criteria for the micro grant is provided on the nomination form.
- Download the Vermont Micro Grant Nomination Form for Vermont schools (PDF)
Vermont residents can apply for any of the many scholarships administered by VSAC using the Unified Scholarship Application (USA). Scholarship information is contained within an easy-to-read booklet.
- Review the VSAC scholarship booklet:
- Access the Unified Scholarship Application (USA):
- FAO Scholarships on the Web
- VSAC Scholarship Disbursement Eligibility (PDF)
- Already registered?
Find VSAC brochures, workshops, and videos plus a host of other helpful resources for your students.
- Order bulk publications >
- Access other resources >
- Financial fitness tools:
- Help students understand their future monthly loan payments with The College Board’s Student Loan Calculator. Visit The Department of Education website and search for “student loan calculator.”
- Help students understand the importance of credit scores. Visit www.myfico.com
- Help students learn more about money and credit as well as privacy, identity, and online security. Visit www.consumer.ftc.gov.
Contact our School Services team. We're here to help!
In the Burlington, VT area 654-3761
Hours of Operation
VSAC's School Services team is available:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST)