COVID-19 updates & ways VSAC can help
VT Students: Apply now for a VT state grant & scholarships
An hour of your time could = $1,000 (or more) for college or training. But to be considered, you need to apply. Here’s how.
Did you know that every year, VSAC administers about $25 million in grants and scholarships to Vermont students? For the current academic year, eligible Vermont students have received grants ranging from $1,000 to $12,500. That’s free money that doesn’t have to be repaid.
Students can also apply for any of the over 120 Vermont-based scholarships (more free money!) offered to students who want to continue their education or training after high school.
For both grants and scholarships, you have to apply to be considered. But it only takes about an hour to complete both applications. To help you make that happen, we’re hosting a webinar on how to do it, step by step.
Join Vermont Student Assistance Corp. for our next VSAC Shows You How webinar, November 18, from 6-7 pm, as we explain how to apply for a Vermont state grant and any of the 120+ scholarships managed by VSAC.
During the live presentation, simulcast to Facebook, Marcia Corey, manager of VSAC’s grant program, walks you through how to complete the Vermont state grant application, question by question, followed by the steps needed to apply for scholarships. Register here. Or watch the recorded video later at your convenience.
$1,000 or more for an hour of your time? We think it's worth the effort. Join us to learn more!
More ways VSAC can help.
Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During this ever-changing time, we remain available and committed to help you navigate all your career and education needs.
- Haven’t filed the FAFSA? Watch our guided walk-through on how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Get more info about the FAFSA at vsac.org/FAFSAfirst.
- Check out our full calendar of financial aid events, from 1:1 personalized appointments to workshops on managing college costs and more. See all our virtual offerings.
- View our financial aid video recordings and supporting checklists and guides.
- Call our toll-free helpline at 1-833-802-VSAC (8722) Monday-Friday, 8-4:30. Or make an appointment to complete your financial aid applications with a VSAC counselor and reach us via email at email@example.com.
- For an update of how we can help during the COVID-19 crisis, click here. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay in touch. We’re here for you.