COVID-19 updates & ways VSAC can help
Applying to or in college or training? There’s free aid to help you pay.
Vermont students (and parents), take note: There’s free money available for college or other training, including full-time, part-time, and certificate education and apprenticeships. Wherever you are in your process of planning how you’ll continue education or training after high school—and what that uniquely looks like for you—now is the time to apply for all the aid to help you make it happen.
Every year, Vermont students are awarded grants and scholarships from VSAC in addition to any federal financial aid administered through the U.S. Dept of Education. Don’t miss out on all the aid you are eligible for!
All you have to do is apply. And if you’re already in school, you should re-apply for financial aid every year.
Get all the financial aid $$$ you can.
Three steps and you’re done:
- The FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the key to all federal, state, and college financial aid. If you need help, we walk you through the process, step by step at vsac.org/fafsafirst. Apply now: Some programs have a FAFSA deadline of Feb. 1.
- Vermont grant: Vermont students receive need-based aid through grants ranging from $1,000 to $12,500 per student who qualifies, or an average of $5,000 in full-time Vermont grants. This free money doesn’t have to be repaid. Learn more & apply.
- VSAC-assisted scholarships: Deadline Feb. 11. What’s your interest? There’s likely a Vermont scholarship for you. Studying land planning, for instance? Apply for the Mark Blucher Planning Scholarship, worth $1,000. Or have you ever been a 4-H member in Orleans County? You could be chosen to receive $1,000. There are 120+ more VSAC-assisted scholarships up for grabs for VT students in many different fields of interest! But only one application needed. Learn more and apply at vsac.org/scholarships.
View the recording to learn how to apply for a VT state grant and any of the 120+ scholarships administered by VSAC. Our financial aid experts walk you through the applications question by question.
VSAC is ready to assist you.
- Check out our full calendar of financial aid events.
- See all our virtual offerings.
- Call our toll-free helpline at 1-833-802-VSAC (8722) Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 or email us at email@example.com.
- For an update of how we can help during the COVID-19 crisis, click here.
Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During this ever-changing time, we remain available and committed to help you navigate all your career and education needs.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay in touch. We’re here for you.