Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During these challenging times, we remain steadfast in our commitment to supporting Vermont students and their families. Click here for VSAC program updates in response to COVID-19.
Essential Math for College and Careers (EMC²) — designed to help Vermont’s high school seniors as they transition into their next steps — is currently being piloted in 8 Vermont high schools, and we hope to add additional high schools for the 2020–2021 school year. We believe this is a wonderful opportunity to help Vermont students build their math preparedness and be ready to launch into technical training, college, or careers.
The course is taught by high school math teachers who have all received training for this course and participate in an ongoing professional learning community related to the course.
PARTICIPATING HIGH SCHOOLS
Currently, 8 high schools in Vermont are teaching EMC².
- Green Mountain UHS
- North Country UHS
- Randolph Tech Ctr
- Richford Jr Sr HS
- Rutland HS
- Springfield HS
- Stowe HS
- West Rutland HS
Videos and stories about EMC²
- Richford High School students excited about new math course
- New program aims to help Vermont students struggling with math
- Vermont Student Assistance Corporation to pilot math proficiency course
- Math = success in college: 8 high schools introduce innovative math course EMC²
- Green Mountain UHS pilots college readiness course for students challenged by math
EMC² INFORMATION FOR SCHOOLS
- Info for leaders
- Guidance for student recruiting
- Linking the Essential Concepts to Common Core Standards
- EMC² Brochure with Essential Concepts (PDF)
- Video from teacher “Why I Like the EMC² Materials” (8 min video)