COVID-19 updates & ways VSAC can help
Essential Math for College and Careers (EMC²) — designed to help Vermont’s high school seniors as they transition into their next steps — is currently being taught in 6 Vermont high schools, and we hope to add additional high schools for the 2022–2023 school year. We believe this is a wonderful opportunity to help Vermont students build their math preparedness and be ready to launch into technical training, college, or careers.
The course is taught by high school math teachers who have all received training for this course and participate in an ongoing professional learning community related to the course.
EMC² INFORMATION FOR SCHOOLS
- Info for leaders (PDF)
- Report: Findings from 2020–2021 (PDF)
- Guidance for student recruiting
- Linking the Essential Concepts to Common Core Standards
- EMC² Brochure with Essential Concepts (PDF)
- Video from teacher: “Why I Like the EMC² Materials” (8 min video)
- Video from program manager: “Please Join Our Teacher Community” (3 min video)
- Video from teacher: “Impact on My Students of EMC²” (3 min video)
PARTICIPATING HIGH SCHOOLS
Currently, 6 high schools in Vermont are teaching EMC².
- Green Mountain UHS
- Randolph Tech Ctr
- Rutland HS
- South Burlington HS
- Springfield HS
- Windham Regional Career Center