Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During these challenging times, we remain steadfast in our commitment to supporting Vermont students and their families. Click here for VSAC program updates in response to COVID-19.
Meet Our Board of Directors
VSAC was created as an instrumentality of the state of Vermont and is governed by an 11-member board of directors. The board is made up of:
- 2 state legislators, 1 each from the House and Senate
- The state treasurer
- 5 individuals appointed by the governor
- 3 individuals appointed by the board
CURRENT VSAC BOARD MEMBERS
Current board members are:
- Dorothy R. Mitchell, chair
- Martha P. Heath, vice chair
- David Larsen, secretary
- Pamela A. Chisholm
- Sen. Ann E. Cummings
- John F. McSoley
- G. Dennis O’Brien
- State Treasurer Elizabeth “Beth” Pearce
- Michael K. Smith
- Chuck Soule
- Member of Vermont House of Representatives (Vacancy)
The board has 5 standing committees:
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resources
- Programs & Services
The State Auditor of Accounts is an ex officio, nonvoting member of the Board’s Audit Committee.
VSAC BOARD MEETINGS
Unless otherwise noted, committee and full board meetings are held at the VSAC offices, 10 East Allen St., Winooski, Vermont.
Get information about the next meeting and access minutes from previous meetings. Visit VSAC's Newsroom.