Serving our community is at the heart of all we do. During these challenging times, we remain steadfast in our commitment to supporting Vermont students and their families. Click here for VSAC program updates in response to COVID-19.
VSAC’s “have takeout on us” celebrates H.S. Class of 2020
Congrats high school seniors! Share a photo for a chance at your favorite grub compliments of VSAC.
WINOOSKI (May 15, 2020) – To all the graduating high school seniors in Vermont: Congratulations! VSAC wants to pay for takeout, to celebrate you.
That’s right. Vermont Student Assistance Corp. will pay $50 toward takeout for 5 seniors each week, now through June 26. That could be pizza, subs, or even something from the local store next door.
We know you’ve worked hard and accomplished a lot. Now’s your chance to celebrate your success. All you have to do is post a picture using #VSACDelivers and tag @802VSAC. This is the time to get creative with stickers, emojis, or other fun filters. Consider a favorite memory, pics with friends, or accomplishment.
We’ll randomly select 5 winners every Friday at 4:30, and we’ll comment on your photo to let you know you’ve won. We’ll then work with you to arrange for takeout from your favorite local restaurant or food business.
Each winner also receives a $50 Gift of College card from the Vermont Higher Education Investment Plan, Vermont’s 529 college savings plan, administered by VSAC. The card can be used for the student’s future education expenses. Plus, everyone who posts a photo using the #VSACDelivers and tags @802VSAC qualifies for the grand drawing for $529 from VHEIP to be held by June 30, 2020.
Official rules for VSAC Delivers:
- Vermont high school seniors graduating in spring 2020 who use #VSACDelivers and tag @802VSAC on social media between May 16 and June 26, 2020 will be entered in the following:
- On each Friday, VSAC will randomly select 5 posts to win a $50 takeout of their choice. Winners will also receive a $50 Gift of College 529 Savings Card.
- By June 30, VSAC will randomly select one winner from all entries posted between May 15 and June 26, 2020, to win a $529 deposit into a VHEIP Savings Plan.
- To be eligible to enter, you must be graduating from a Vermont high school in spring 2020 and live in Vermont.
- Each individual is limited to one entry.
- Each week’s winners will be selected from all eligible entries by random selection.
- VSAC will arrange payment with the selected food vendor and the winner will arrange pickup or delivery with the vendor.
- No transfers, cash redemptions, or substitutions allowed.
- The number of eligible entries will determine the odds of winning.
- VSAC employees and their immediate families and household members are not eligible for the drawing.
- By entering the drawing, you agree to allow VSAC to retweet or share your post on its social media sites.
About VSAC – Changing Lives through Education and Training since 1965
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation is a public, nonprofit agency established by the Vermont Legislature in 1965 to help Vermonters achieve their education and training goals after high school. VSAC serves students and their families in grades 7-12, as well as adults returning to school, by providing education and career planning services, need-based grants, scholarships and education loans. VSAC has awarded more than $600 million in grants and scholarships for Vermont students, and also administers Vermont’s 529 college savings plan. Share your VSAC story by email to myVSACstory@vsac.org or submit a video to YouTube. Find us at www.vsac.org or check in on Facebook and Twitter. #changing lives
The Vermont Higher Education Investment Plan, a 529 college savings plan, was established in 1999 and is Vermont’s only state-sponsored 529 plan and as such the only 529 plan eligible for the Vermont income tax credit on contributions. VHEIP is administered by the Vermont Student Assistance Corp. and managed by Intuition College Savings Solutions. For more information about setting up a VHEIP account, visit www.vheip.org or call the customer service center at (800) 637-5860.