IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - For information about the Biden-Harris Student Debt Relief Plan and Income Driven Repayment (IDR) CLICK HERE.
Financial Aid & College Costs
The financial aid process can be complicated, with lots of considerations and paperwork! VSAC can help, starting with step 1: filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Learn about financial aid and college costs by viewing our online Financial Aid & Managing College Costs event.
Stay on track with planning and paying for college or training.
Need help with your FAFSA application, Vermont grant application, or other financial aid forms? VSAC can help in a variety of ways:
- Check out VSAC's FAFSA Completion Guide.
- Complete your FAFSA with our “VSAC Shows You How: Filing the FAFSA” webinar, recorded on October 25. VSAC counselor Carrie Harlow walks you through the FAFSA application question by question. Review the video at your convenience and find additional FAFSA resources at vsac.org/ﬁnancial-aid-videos.
- Have a quick FAFSA question? Call our toll-free FAFSA helpline at 833-802-8722 (Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm.
- Details and online applications for FAFSA and CSS Profile®
- Vermont grant applications and Unified Scholarship Application for approximately 140 VSAC-assisted scholarships
- VSAC’s fixed-rate student and parent loans
- VSAC's FAFSA Completion Guide
- Paying for college guide—VSAC’s comprehensive online guide with details on the financial aid process, financial aid applications, education loans and other resources, and more. Download the guide (PDF).
- My Education Loans—VSAC explains education loan basics, financial aid awards, and ways to compare loans and minimize education debt. A must-read before borrowing for college! Download the guide (PDF) or order a free printed copy.
- EFC calculator—estimate your estimated family contribution
- VSAC's full playlist of videos on college admissions and financial aid processes, or view the carousel below.
Looking for more?
Find resources for saving and planning for college.
- college searches
- tuition and fee figures
- information on programs, majors, and admissions data
- net prices and more
Understand type of federal student aid
- how & when to apply for federal student aid
- who's eligible for federal student aid
- types of federal student aid
- how to fill out the FAFSA and more
- EFC calculator
- college cost calculator
- and more
- savings calculator
- student loan calculator
- student loan debt/salary wizard and more
- Information on NEBHE’s Tuition Break program, which provides New England students with discounted tuition when they enroll in an approved program that isn’t offered by the public colleges or universities in their home states.
- middle school and high school checklists by grade
- videos on preparing for college
- downloadable PDF of the complete College Preparation Checklist and more
- Research federal loan forgiveness programs.
- Use various student loan calculators to calculate and compare multiple repayment options.
- Information on 7 federally recognized colleges that help reduce college costs through programs that enable students to combine real-world experience with classroom learning.
- obtaining an FSA ID
- submitting a FAFSA and FAFSA tips for parents
- managing student loans and more
Helpful Paying for College Videos