VSAC will transfer the servicing of your Federal Student loans to American Education Services and the guarantee of all VSAC Federal Student loans to the Trellis Company, an approved Federal Guaranty Agency, over the weekend of March 16th. Click here for more information.
Financial Aid & College Costs
The financial aid process can feel overwhelming at times. Between choosing colleges, planning on covering college costs, and what feels like endless paperwork, VSAC's resources have supported Vermont families planning for college and training for over 50 years. We provide access to grants, scholarships, and FAFSA tips, so that paying for college becomes more manageable.
- Learn about financial aid and college costs by viewing our online Financial Aid & Managing College Costs event.
Stay on track with planning and paying for college or training.
Need help with your FAFSA application, Vermont grant application, or other financial aid forms? Call our toll-free helpline at 833-802-8722 (Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm).
- Details and online applications for FAFSA and CSS Profile®
- Vermont grant applications and Unified Scholarship Application for approximately 140 VSAC-assisted scholarships
- VSAC’s fixed-rate student and parent loans
- Paying for college guide—VSAC’s comprehensive online guide with details on the financial aid process, financial aid applications, education loans and other resources, and more.
- My Education Loans—VSAC explains education loan basics, financial aid awards, and ways to compare loans and minimize education debt. A must-read before borrowing for college! or order a free printed copy
- SAI calculator—estimate how much federal student aid you may be eligible for starting with the 2024–25
- VSAC's full playlist of videos on college admissions and financial aid processes, or view the carousel below
Looking for more?
Find resources for saving and planning for college.
- college searches
- tuition and fee figures
- information on programs, majors, and admissions data
- net prices and more
- how & when to apply for federal student aid
- who's eligible for federal student aid
- types of federal student aid
- how to fill out the FAFSA and more
- SAI calculator
- college cost calculator
- and more
- savings calculator
- student loan calculator
- student loan debt/salary wizard and more
- Information on NEBHE’s Tuition Break program, which provides New England students with discounted tuition when they enroll in an approved program that isn’t offered by the public colleges or universities in their home states.
- middle school and high school checklists by grade
- videos on preparing for college
- downloadable PDF of the complete College Preparation Checklist and more
- Research federal loan forgiveness programs.
- Information on 9 federally recognized colleges that help reduce college costs through programs that enable students to combine real-world experience with classroom learning.
Federal Student Aid YouTube videos on:
- obtaining an FSA ID
- submitting a FAFSA and FAFSA tips for parents
- managing student loans and more