IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - For information about the Biden-Harris Student Debt Relief Plan and Income Driven Repayment (IDR) CLICK HERE.
Ready to apply for a student loan? Let's get started.
Fixed-interest loans for Vermonters attending any college, and for out-of-state students attending any Vermont college.
As Vermont’s nonprofit state agency, we’ll help you understand the basics of federal and “private" loans (they're not created equal). We'll also show you ways to compare options so that you can minimize your monthly payments and the amount you’ll pay in the long term. We call it Know More. Borrow Less.
Questions? Call us Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm, 800-226-1029
VSAC's 2022–2023 student loans for undergraduate & graduate study offer fixed interest rates.
Your fixed interest rate will be based on the repayment plan you choose; your fees will be based on your credit rating. Your final APR is based on both your credit and the repayment option you choose.
- Apply for VSAC's student loan or parent loan to cover education costs for:
- Out-of-state students attending a college in Vermont
- Vermont residents attending college anywhere in the U.S. or internationally
- New to VSAC? You'll need to create a MyVSAC profile. You can use this same profile to access grants, scholarships, and loans.
After You Apply: What's Next?
- As we move your application through the process, we'll send you updates. Be sure to check your email regularly!
- Learn more about student loan repayment.
- If you have questions at any time, call us. That's why we're here.
Give us a call to speak with one of our counselors.
Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm, 800-226-1029
Minimize Debt After Borrowing
Follow these 5 tips to keep your student loan interest charges as low as possible: