December is fast approaching - Don’t miss the deadline - Your federal loan(s) could be forgiven! Learn More
Introduction to EMC2: A Week-Long Professional Development Training
Are you a 7-12th grade math teacher in Vermont?
You are invited to a week of professional development, July 31 – August 4, to introduce you to a new course called Essential Math for College and Careers (EMC2). EMC2 was designed by and for Vermont math educators to help Vermont schools increase college and career readiness of Vermont high school students.
Class begins each day at 9AM and includes a 45-minute lunch break.
This dynamic training provides participants:
- instruction and practice in using formative assessment effectively,
- practice crafting instructional strategies to engage students fully,
- a chance to share ideas for building a rich learning environment,
- how to utilize performance-based assessment throughout the course,
- 30 professional learning hours (attendance certificate provided upon completion),
- and a copy of the EMC2 curriculum.
Visit our webpage to learn more about EMC2.