Paying for College Resources
The financial aid process can be complicated, with lots of considerations and paperwork! VSAC can help, starting with step 1: filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Learn about financial aid and college costs in general at a springtime Financial Aid & Managing College Costs event in your area. Download or view the Powerpoint presentation (PDF).
Stay on track with planning and paying for college or training.
Need help with financial aid forms?
- Details and online applications for FAFSA and CSS Profile®
- Vermont grant applications and Unified Scholarship Application for approximately 140 VSAC-assisted scholarships
- VSAC’s fixed-rate student and parent loans
- Paying for college guide—VSAC’s comprehensive online guide with details on the financial aid process, financial aid applications, education loans and other resources, and more. Download the guide (PDF).
- My Education Loans—VSAC explains education loan basics, financial aid awards, and ways to compare loans and minimize education debt. A must-read before borrowing for college! Download the guide (PDF).
- EFC calculator—estimate your estimated family contribution
Looking for more?
Find resources for saving and planning for college.
Do you need money for college? (PDF from Federal Student Aid)
- how & when to apply for federal student aid
- who's eligible for federal student aid
- types of federal student aid
- how to fill out the FAFSA and more
- parent loan repayment calculator
- EFC calculator
- college cost calculator and more
- college searches
- tuition and fee figures
- information on programs, majors, and admissions data
- net prices and more
- savings calculator
- student loan calculator
- student loan debt/salary wizard and more
- Information on NEBHE’s Tuition Break program, which provides New England students with discounted tuition when they enroll in an approved program that isn’t offered by the public colleges or universities in their home states.
- middle school and high school checklists by grade
- videos on preparing for college
- downloadable PDF of the complete College Preparation Checklist and more
- Research federal loan forgiveness programs.
- Use various student loan calculators to calculate and compare multiple repayment options.
- Information on 7 federally recognized colleges that help reduce college costs through programs that enable students to combine real-world experience with classroom learning.
- obtaining an FSA ID
- submitting a FAFSA and FAFSA tips for parents
- managing student loans and more