IMPORTANT – If you’re a spring 2023 Vermont college grad who is staying in state and working for a Vermont-based company, you could be eligible for $5000 in loan repayment! CLICK HERE.
Official Rules for VSAC's VT529 College Savings Day Drawings
National 529 Day is May 29, named for 529 savings plans that help families plan and pay for college or training after high school. To help Vermont families save for college and training for their children, VSAC — administrator of Vermont's official program, VT529 — is partnering with the Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems to give a $100 college savings account to every Vermont baby born in a Vermont hospital on May 29 this year. VSAC will be working directly with the hospitals as we welcome babies born on 5/29/2023.
In addition to celebrating our 5/29 babies, one lucky individual — of any age — will be randomly chosen to receive $529 in a VT529 college savings account in an online, 4-week-long drawing.
The VT529 drawing runs from May 16-June 16, 2023, with one winning entry chosen by June 30, 2023. One winner will be randomly selected for a $529 deposit into a VT529 savings plan account.
- All entries must be submitted online.
- To be eligible to enter the online drawing, you must be a Vermont resident age 13 or older or a VT529 account owner age 13 or older.
- Each individual is limited to one entry.
- One winner will be chosen by random selection by June 30, 2023 from all eligible entries submitted from May 16, 2023 through June 16, 2023 to receive a $529 deposit into a VT529 Savings Plan account. You do not need to already have an existing VT529 account to enter.
- No transfers, cash redemptions, or substitutions are allowed.
- The number of eligible entries will determine the odds of winning.
- VSAC and VT529/VHEIP employees and their immediate families and household members are not eligible for the drawing.
- By entering the online drawing, you agree to allow VSAC to contact you via email and to receive information about the VT529 plan and college planning resources. VSAC will not share your email publicly.
TO ENTER: Any Vermont resident or VT529 account owner may enter online at vsac.org/vt529may2023 during the entry period. You do not need to already have an existing VT529 account to enter.
To learn more about the VT529 college savings plan and events, or to open an account, go to vsac.org/save.