COVID-19 updates & ways VSAC can help
Official Rules for VSAC's '802 Future You' Giveaways
The jobs of the future will require some sort of education past high school, and a 529 college savings plan can make saving for that training easier. To get students (and their parents) thinking ahead, VSAC — sponsor of Vermont's official 529 college savings plan, VT529 — invites Vermont students preK–6th grade to draw a picture of a job they're curious about and enter to win $200 (or more) in a VT529 college savings account.
The giveaway runs 5 weeks, with 2 ways to win and a total of 9 VT529 college savings plan winners (5-2-9, get it?). The 5-2-9 entry period is from Sept. 12, 2021, to Oct. 8, 2021, with the grand prize chosen by Oct. 15.
TO ENTER: Parents or guardians of VT preK–6th grade students upload a picture the child has drawn about a job they're curious about to social media between Sept. 12 and Oct. 8, 2021 (for Instagram use @802VSAC, for Twitter use @VSAC, and for Facebook use @VermontStudentAssistanceCorporation).
OR send your child's entry with parent/guardian contact details to email@example.com or by mail to 802FutureYou Giveaway, VSAC, 10 E. Allen St., Winooski, VT 05404.
Two random winners will be selected from each week’s submitted drawings for a $200 deposit into a VT529 savings plan account. By October 15, we’ll randomly select one lucky grand prize winner of $529 from all the participants.
- Vermont families with children in grades prekindergarten through sixth who use #802futureyou and tag VSAC on social media (for Instagram use @802VSAC, for Twitter use @VSAC, and for Facebook use @VermontStudentAssistanceCorporation) Sept.12 through Oct. 8, 2021, will be entered in the following (alternatively, you may send your child's entry with parent/guardian contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 802FutureYou Giveaway, VSAC, 10 E. Allen St., Winooski, VT 05404):
- On each Friday — Sept. 17, Sept. 24, Oct. 1, and Oct. 8 — VSAC will randomly select two posts to win a $200 deposit into a VT529 Savings Plan account.
- On Oct. 15, VSAC will randomly select from all entries posted between Sept. 12 through Oct. 8, 2021: one individual to win a $529 deposit into a VT529 Savings Plan account.
- To be eligible to enter, you must be the parent or guardian of a child in grades preK-6 and a Vermont resident.
- Everyone is limited to one entry.
- Each week’s winners will be selected from all eligible entries for that week by random selection.
- No transfers, cash redemptions, or substitutions allowed.
- The number of eligible entries will determine the odds of winning.
- VSAC employees and their immediate families and household members are not eligible for the drawing.
- By entering the drawing, you agree to allow VSAC to retweet or share your post on its social media sites.
To learn more about the VT529 college savings plan and events, or to open an account, go to vsac.org/save.